I love reading. In fact, you cannot catch me on any given day without a book in my bag or my kindle. I take pride in that. As a writer, you must surround yourself with inspirational authors.
My son is an avid reader. I impacted the importance of reading on him and his siblings at an early age. My son and I?
• We love books
• We share books
• We talk about books
• We review books
• We read all types of genres
• My preferences are thrillers and romance
• His preference is self-help books- classics that have changed people’s lives over the years, but he has encouraged me to read more extensively.
You know why we love reading?
• Reading opens your mind and soul to endless possibilities.
• It sharpens your imagination
• it transports you to worlds unknown
• your focus and concentration are improved
• it keeps stress down
• you can engage many people in conversation because it makes you smarter
• it improves your brain and memory
• helps you think critically
• helps you build your vocabulary and improves your writing skills
The benefits of reading are endless.
I have therefore compiled 12 wonderful books for you to read or give asthis Xmas. I have read some. Some come highly recommended by my son.
These books are written by entrepreneurs who came from meager and humble beginnings.
Here are 12 books you must have on your bookshelf-
1. Robert Kiyosaki:
This is a classic. If you have not read this book, get it today. It will totally change the way you think about money. It is a must-have.
2. Oprah Winfrey: What I Know For Sure
This is a thought-provoking book. A well written, easy to read book that will make you look at things differently.
3. Ted Turner: Call Me Ted
Most of us know him as the founder of CNN. He is also the former owner of Atlanta Braves. Call Me Ted is the story of his exciting journey as a young man, working with his father and moving on to radio and finally, television.
4. Richard Branson: The Virgin Way
His book impacts best practices in business.
5. Peter Thiel: Zero to One
He is the co-founder of PayPal. This is a must have read for all startups.
6. Stephen Covey: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
This is a very popular book. If you are into self -development, and you should be, this book is for you.
7. Napoleon Hill: Think and Grow Rich
This is a best seller. The title of the book says it all. A great and inspirational book.
8. Michael Dell: Direct from Dell
A story of humble beginnings. Read this classic to learn and understand great ways to run your business.
9. Bill Gates: Business and the Speed of Thought
This is a story about business and technology and a must read for every entrepreneur.
10. Dale Carnegie: The Leader In You: How to win friends and influence people.
This book is widely popular. It breaks down how to become likable and teaches easy tricks to influence people successfully.
11. Seth Godin: Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable
Randall Rothenberg, says this of Seth Godin, ‘Seth Godin may be the best intuitive marketer alive today.’ In this book, he ‘urges you to put a Purple Cow into everything you build and everything you do, to create something truly noticeable.’
12. T. Boone Pickens: The First Billion Is The Hardest
This an admirable tale of loss and comeback.
Awesome list, right?
If you are a creative person, these are 12 books you should have on your bookshelf today.
What book do you draw inspiration from?
Sharing is caring. Please share this post.