8 books set in Italy to enjoy this winter.
This post contains affiliate links.
I enjoy reading books. I also enjoy traveling. Italy is my favourite destination in Europe. It is for this reason I have compiled 8 books set in different parts of Italy for you to enjoy this winter.
Here we go…
- Under the Tuscan Sun: Frances Mayers. This is a beautiful story about loss and second chances- a story about how a divorcee found love, laughter, and romance in Tuscany.
2. Beautiful Ruins: Jess Walton
This is my absolute favourite. It is a beautifully crafted and compelling book.
3. Midnight In Sicily: Peter Robb
This is definitely a book you will want to read, especially if you love Italy, its rich food, art, and politics. It is powerful.
4. Letters from Palazzo Barbaro: Henry James
A beautiful collection of letters which gives an equally beautiful and vivid insight into life in Venice.
5. The Stranger’s Child: Alan Hollinghurst
This is an interesting read. It is a moving and cleverly written novel that will leave you wanting more. I highly recommend it.
6. Tender Is The Night: F. Scott Fitzerald
Although somewhat tedious, this book is packed of promises. A good read.
7. The Talented Mr Ripley: Patricia Highsmith
A popular and beautifully written book. I watched the movie too. I love movies with Matt Damon in it. That’s just me.
8. Romeo and Juliet: Ernest Hemingway
Ahh- the old classic! I will never get tired of Romeo and Juliet. Who doesn’t know the story of Romeo and Juliet?
A brilliant read any time!
There you have it – 8 books set in Italy for you to enjoy this winter.
Are you reading any books this winter? Romance? Thriller? Mystery? Crime? Please share.
If you like this list of 8 books set in Italy, share with your friends and readers.
Thanks for reading.